Looking for an individual who LOVES the elderly & has experience working with individuals who have confusion/memory loss.
This couple is currently looking for someone 10-20 hours a week to primarily be a companion for an elderly man with Parkinson’s. He currently needs no assistance with ADL’s, but is experiencing increased confusion & cannot be left alone. A typical “shift” would likely be 4-5 hours in the afternoon, and include creating an exercise program for the gentleman to maintain strength & balance, feed him lunch, and simply be there to talk or assist him as needed. Other tasks may include simple household tasks (organizing, unloading the dishwasher, folding linens, running an errand). The family is located near Thousand Oaks Golf Course (5 mile & East Beltline)
** If you love to organize, there may be an opportunity for additional hours each week (10-15)
- Experience with elderly
- Patient, calm, organized, flexible takes initiative,
- RN, LPN, Home health aide or nurse aide
- Somewhat flexible schedule (This family is extremely flexible, but you would need to work at least 1 “shift” every week)
- Availability beginning late August/early September
- COVID Vaccination
- Love for golf & music is a bonus!
Compensation: $20-25 depending on qualifications & experience
Please contact me with any questions.