Located in Grand Rapids, our lab provides testing for commercial and industrial clients' machines and equipment throughout the country. We provide our customers with reports on their requested testing for each sample within a short turn-around time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty efficiently and correctly. Our ideal candidate must be flexible and enjoy working in a fast-paced production environment where meeting deadlines and maintaining the highest standard of quality are essential. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
RESPONDING TO THIS JOB LISTING
- Send your resume through this listing or via our career page https://apexoillab.com/careers/
- State the reason for your interest in this position
- Provide your availability
- Please keep in mind, we are seeking employees for permanent long-term commitments
ENTRY LEVEL PART TIME - LAB TECHNICIAN
This is an entry level part-time laboratory technician position.
We want a candidate who can operate instruments in our lab and process samples. We need a hard-working individual who can adhere to our requirements for cleanliness, protocol, detailed work/focus, and has the physical ability to fulfill all required tasks. The ideal candidate must be an excellent multi-tasker with strong attention to details.
While the candidate does not need to have a science or analytical background, it certainly helps.
- This is a Part-Time position. Potential for more hours with growth
- Shifts are available Monday through Friday. Shift days and hours will be determined during interview.
- Flexibility is a must: hours can fluctuate based on daily work volume; days can fluctuate based on schedule needs; shift day can change to cover another tech's absence
- Possibility for additional days or hours
- This is a permanent long-term position. We are NOT seeking Summer interns, seasonal, or temporary workers
- Properly handle and test in-use equipment and vehicle fluids
- Responsible for operation of test equipment and cleaning of test equipment and workspace.
- Basic maintenance of equipment including calibration and standardization.
- Meet sample production requirements as determined by the laboratory manager.
- Handle equipment fluids and solvents.
- Follow SOP's.
- Exercise laboratory safety practices.
- Assist in receiving and preparing test samples for lab.
- Assist in receiving and organizing inventory.
- Maintain clean and safe work space.
- Ensure the accuracy, precision, and integrity of the results generated by the laboratory through participation in proficiency testing programs, audits of test procedures, quality meetings and follow-up on questionable and out-of-control data.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to handle numerous details.
- Detail oriented with strong attention to precision and cleanliness.
- Working knowledge of computer software.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Follow protocols or SOPs accurately.
- Self-motivated to optimize efficiency and production.
- Work very well as a team member and communicate effectively.
- Strong work ethic with commitment to quality and integrity.
- Effective time management.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally move up to 50 pounds.
- High energy level, confidence and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Must have good visual acuity and distinguish colors.
- Must have good fine motor skills to handle precision instruments and tools.
- Ability to to work standing for extended periods of time; bending, stretching, kneeling, and lifting will be required.
- Must be able to take feedback and implement corrections or instructions.