We are looking for a skilled Painter to paint the interior and exterior of structures, buildings and other surfaces. Your job will be important since good painting has both practical and aesthetic benefits. An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties. The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
- Examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
- Proven experience as a painter
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
- Good basic math skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- High school diploma
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $18.00 per hour