Summary of Responsibilities: The Open Door Manager oversees and manages all aspects of shelter operations including staffing, patron support, and maintaining a safe, clean environment. The Open Door Manager will be dedicated to excellence and the success of the shelter.
The Mission Statement: To reflect the love of Christ to all who come through our doors by building relationships and offering programs that foster dignity and respect.
The Vision Statement: For those we serve, we will be a community that overcomes obstacles, celebrates transformation, and realizes the full potential of all as children of God.
Statement of Faith: Employees affirm and accept the ministry of Dégagé to be a faith based organization founded on the message and love of Jesus Christ, and further affirm the mission statement of Dégagé as stated above.
- A strong commitment to Christ and to serving Him through word and deed to others.
- A Degree in Social Work or a combination of college and work experience.
- Experience in managing staff.
- Effective leadership skills which should include the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with patrons, staff, and volunteers.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution/De-escalation skills.
- The ability to work with, encourage, motivate and lead people from all areas of the social spectrum.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to use logic and sound judgement to make quick decisions.
- Ability to adjust to change.
- Possess the ability to maintain proper boundaries.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate.
- Ability to work independently while also being a team player.
- Ability and willingness to transport patrons
- With Human Resources, hire, train, evaluate, and retain the Open Door staff.
- Supervise Open Door staff, volunteer, patron jobs, and interns as assigned.
- Schedule and properly maintain staff working schedules to ensure coverage for the Open Door.
- Must have flexible availability; will be expected to work during Open Door operating hours. This will include 2nd and 3rd shifts.
- Support Open Door staff by being available after hours for phone calls and shift coverage when needed.
- Maintain a high standard of confidentiality while providing accurate and timely documentation, including regular audits of case files.
- Work with the Program Coordinator and the Program Director to develop, manage, evaluate, and make improvements to the existing services/programs.
- While treating all with dignity and respect, provide a safe, clean, welcoming atmosphere for all women entering the center.
- Maintain the Standard Operating Procedures, daily activities, and arbitrate disputes among patrons and/or staff as needed using restorative practices.
- Update the manuals for staff, volunteers, and patrons.
- Meet with patrons to address concerns and provide additional case management when needed.
- Assure accurate records and reports are being maintained and up to date including but not limited to Virtual Case Management, HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) data base and billing, debriefing logs, financial reports, tracking sheets, and sign in sheets.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator regarding volunteer needs and opportunities.
- Work with Workforce Development Coordinator regarding patron placement opportunities.
- Maintain communication flow with Leadership and other departments as requested, with stories, pictures, etc.
- Represent Degage throughout the community.
- Participation in special events as requested: 5/3 River Bank Run, Discover Dégagé, Celebrate Dégagé, Open Door Open Hearts, staff outings, etc.
- Lead and/or attend staff meetings and participate in trainings.
- Maintain accurate inventory and communicate needed orders and repairs.
This is a full time hourly position. This is an “at will” position. There is no length of tenure of employment implied or stated.