Summary of Responsibilities: The Database manager is a support staff position whose primary role is to support the Development Department.
The Mission Statement: To reflect the love of Christ to all who come through our doors by building relationships and offering programs that foster dignity and respect.
The Vision Statement: For those we serve, we will be a community that overcomes obstacles, celebrates transformation and realizes the full potential of all as children of God.
Statement of Faith: Employees affirm and accept the ministry of Dégagé to be a faith based organization founded on the message and love of Jesus Christ and further affirm the mission statement of Dégagé as stated above. Employees will be asked to sign a Statement of Faith at time of employment.
· A strong commitment to Christ and to serving Him through word and deed in an inner city ministry setting.
· The ability to work with, encourage, motivate and lead people from all areas of the social spectrum.
· The ability to set the example for volunteers and others for treating those who we serve with dignity and respect.
· The ability to convey with passion the goals and vision of Dégagé to potential volunteers. The ability to delegate, organize and prioritize independently.
· Posses the ability and desire to be a team player working to fulfilling the mission statement of Degage along side of other staff members.
· Communication skills: written and verbal.
· Computer skills.
Donor and Database Management:
· Assist with donation intake process by opening mail, completing daily gift sheet, and running thank you letters and acknowledgements.
· Maintain in-kind gifts by collecting in-kind donation forms, entering in database, and running thank you letters and acknowledgements.
· Run reports and maintain and update donor records in the database
· Compile, email, and/or mail donor mailings including, but not limited to, bi-monthly welcome packets to new donors, monthly Faithful Friends updates, bi-monthly Thankful Thursday updates to major donors, and donor impact messages
·Oversee all mailings in a timely manner including creation of mailing list, postage, and assigning roles for writing, bringing to post office, ordering paper, etc.
·Oversee database management, training of new employees, policy manual, and maintenance.
·Attend staff meetings
·Other duties as deemed necessary in assisting the staff in reaching Dégagé Ministries’ goals